It is so hard to stay on track when there is no structure: there is no one checking on my progress, I don’t have any coursework, I don’t even have to teach.
I do want to graduate in time (and by that I mean within 5-6 years). So I constantly struggle to find ways to keep myself accountable to me.
- Lego Calendar
- In which I detail how I keep track of my time using Legos (hint: this is awesome).
- In which I attempt to stay away from web browsers by using Mailbox as my email manager.
- In which I use RescueTime in order to track my activities in my computer (mostly, to avoid gaming).
- Captain’s Log
- In which I create an online form to account for what I do each day. Data, FTW!
- The Pomodoro Technique
- In which I use a 25 minute timer to be more productive. It works!
- A 5 Minute Dance Break
- In which I dance to stay energized!