Here I will write very briefly about some analysis.
This test compares the means to two groups. The goal is to determine if they are statistically different from one another.
Analysis of Variance
These include the MANOVA, ANOVA and MANCOVA and ANCOVA.
The MANOVA test compares the multivariate means of multiple groups. If this test is significant, then it is possible to do an ANOVA test for each DV.
In particular, the MANOVA:
- Has more than one DV
- Uses an omnibus F-test
- The IV is categorical
- Identifies significant DVs
- Assumes normality, linearity
- Can be used for each DV after MANOVA F-test is significant.
- No specification error (no omitted variables)
- No measurement error
- There is no multicollinearity (variables are independent)
- Errors are independent (no omitted variables)
- Errors are normally distributed
- Interactions and higher order